Start a new topic
Implemented

Requester Group Options

There should be significantly more options for assigning users to Requester Groups. Currently you can only create these based on Job Title and Department.

You should be able to create these using other requester fields, such as site, manager, or custom requester fields.

You also should be able to add specific users to a requester group. Currently if I want 3 specific people in a group I have to either change their department or job title to be the same, whether it's accurate or not.

1 person likes this idea

I would like to be able to manually add users to a Requester Group. We have VIP requesters (Leadership/Location Managers) who have many different titles - it'd be much easier to populate this group manually and monitor incoming requests with a Dispatch'r from this group so that we can ring additional bells to alert the team.

Hey Matt and Tyler,

Totally understand how being able to group your customers would be super useful. This is something we have in our roadmap. Other than the ability to use them in Dispatch'r rules, etc. we're considering allowing you to configure the visiblity of solution articles and forums in your portal based on these groups/lists. 

Shankar

Manual Groups would be great!

Another item that is really critical for our success with this tool - as a large global company, we need more options to configure visibility of solution articles and department/job title is not enough.  Looking forward to a solution soon, please!

Thanks for the feedback on requester groups. Soon you will be able to create requester groups based on Location, Language, Time zone, Custom dropdown fields in addition to Job Title and Department. This should be available in the product in few weeks. 

Keep us posted on what all improvements we can make to Freshservice better :)

Regards

Rishul

Products @ Freshservice

We are new to FS and am having difficulty setting conditions for requester groups. The list is very limited. Should have the ability to map to an AD security group. You mention custom drop down fields but don't see that.

Hi Sine

I have posted a video here with comments embedded. 

Please refer the video, you should be up and running with requester groups based on custom fields in no time.

Regards

Rishul

Freshservice Product Management

Hi Rishul,

I have successfully added custom field as shown and have mapped the field to an AD attribute but am getting error in the probe log when I try to import users - see attached file

The custom field I created is "Organization" and mapped it to AD attribute "Company"

I've also attached the probe log file where you can see that it fail on my account update:

Hi Sine,

I have removed the attachments from the forums and have shared the logs with our support folks. We'll reach out to you and help troubleshoot the issue. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Sid

Hi,

We still do not have the ability to send emails to requester groups within a dispatch'r rule.

Thanks 

Kev

Login or Signup to post a comment