COVID-19 Response: Ensure business continuity with scalable IT helpdesk 10 AM PT / 1PM ET Register here

Start a new topic

Best practice for agents leaving support

Add functionality to disable an agent.

Deleting has an impact on reporting / history of tickets.

Converting to occasional still leaves agents pickable in say Add  note functionality and Mail rule pickers.

2 people like this idea

Agreed! We deal with the same issue when someone leaves. Ideally we would not harm reports/history of tickets but we have no option unfortunately.

Recent FS convert here. Any other issues with off boarding from FS that you guys have run into? I haven't come across the need yet, but I'd love to be prepared.

For example, in this case, maybe a good workaround would be to make a new account with the same name as the off boarded agent, then delete their current account. From what I understand, during the deletion process, one can re-associate tickets from the deleted agent to a new agent, and one would simply associate the tickets with the newly created account of the same name.

Again, I haven't done any of this yet, so I may be way off base here.

unfortunately deleting the account did not trigger a re-association process, let alone a warning about the implication for open and closed tickets, we found out the hard way

for now we:

1. convert the agent to Occasional to free the license

2. set agent ticket scope to restricted access

3. assign a dummy role with minimal rights, as at least one role needs to be assigned

4. change the name to reflect agent not being active (start with Z so they are last in picklists), as they still are available in the Agent field to send a note, create Dispatch'R-Observer rules

5. Go through all rules to replace the agent

the above workaround really has no place in an ontherwise very professional product like FreshService

2 people like this

Agree 100%. I went back through the "Delete an Agent" update and saw that you're right. You can only reassign currently open tickets not closed ones. :/

Hopefully FS sees your post and replies!

We currently have the agent deactivation option available in Freshservice, where all the above short comings of deletion and converting them as occasional agents can be overcome.

How do you deactivate the agent? I went to look at an Agent and could not see that option.

Login or Signup to post a comment