Add functionality to disable an agent.
Deleting has an impact on reporting / history of tickets.
Converting to occasional still leaves agents pickable in say Add note functionality and Mail rule pickers.
Agreed! We deal with the same issue when someone leaves. Ideally we would not harm reports/history of tickets but we have no option unfortunately.
Recent FS convert here. Any other issues with off boarding from FS that you guys have run into? I haven't come across the need yet, but I'd love to be prepared.
For example, in this case, maybe a good workaround would be to make a new account with the same name as the off boarded agent, then delete their current account. From what I understand, during the deletion process, one can re-associate tickets from the deleted agent to a new agent, and one would simply associate the tickets with the newly created account of the same name.
Again, I haven't done any of this yet, so I may be way off base here.
unfortunately deleting the account did not trigger a re-association process, let alone a warning about the implication for open and closed tickets, we found out the hard way
for now we:
1. convert the agent to Occasional to free the license
2. set agent ticket scope to restricted access
3. assign a dummy role with minimal rights, as at least one role needs to be assigned
4. change the name to reflect agent not being active (start with Z so they are last in picklists), as they still are available in the Agent field to send a note, create Dispatch'R-Observer rules
5. Go through all rules to replace the agent
the above workaround really has no place in an ontherwise very professional product like FreshService
Agree 100%. I went back through the "Delete an Agent" update and saw that you're right. You can only reassign currently open tickets not closed ones. :/
Hopefully FS sees your post and replies!