Start a new topic
Solved

Lots of issues with the Freshservice Probe

I'm trying to use this software, but am having nothing but issues.

1. How do you delete an IP range? I can add more and edit exiting ones, but I see no way to delete one.

2. If I put an IP scan range in with VMware credentials, it fails on all the ESXi hosts. However, if I use the exact same credentials and do an individual host scan, it connects just fine.

3. When I do an individual scan on an IP, it works for the first host. Then I put in the next sequential IP, and it thinks that host is the same as the last. For instance:

* Scan IP 192.168.1.5 - Detects VMware host correctly and creates server1.domain.com

* Scan IP 192.168.1.6 - Detects VMware host but thinks it also is server1.domain.com when it actually is server2.domain.com

This is version 1.30

Hi Tames,

Question 1: I asked this question some days ago since we had the same issue. According to Freshservice Support it is not possible to delete an IP range. You need to uninstall and re-install Probe. Very unsatisfying!

Regards,

Stefan

I'm having multiple issues with this myself and it was only 3 weeks into a support ticket when I was told there was actually a probe uninstaller I should be using rather than uninstalling this via Control Panel.

My issue is getting two probes installed and recognised in the Admin panel so I can change their location and have multiple probes running for all of our customers simultaneously.

Hi I have the same problem with esx scan.

it scan ok afther the manual scan but uses the name of the first one.

any news on ths ? 

Hi Tames,

Thank you for raising your concerns,

Please find my reply inline.

1. How do you delete an IP range? I can add more and edit exiting ones, but I see no way to delete one.

We can always change the IP address, by clicking the IP range that you have mentioned in the Probe.

The issues #2 and # 3 has been resolved in the latest version of Probe, version 2.0 or 2.1, can you please upgrade and test it, if you don't mind?

Please write back for further support.

Regards,

Jayesh

Freshservice  -  Freshdesk Technologies

@Greg,

You can get the Probe Uninstaller here.

Also regarding the locations, can you please provide more details, let me try to help you on it.

@David,

For the ESX issue, can you please upgrade the Probe to the latest version and give a try?

Regards,

Jayesh

Freshservice  -  Freshdesk Technologies

ESX scan works with new Probe thanks!

@David

Good to hear that!

Feel free to write back for further support.

Also, you can reach out to us via chat https://support.freshservice.com/support/home

Or you can call us on +1 (866) 832-3090

Regards,

Jayesh

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin