Start a new topic

Enhancements to Ticket Reporting

We'd like to use the new custom ticket reporting to spit out a weekly report that contains a bunch of data, but have noticed some shortcomings that could be improved:

- date range should include an 'undefined' or 'infinite' option (or not be included at all). If we have a long running job (>90 days) we currently need to specify a fixed date, which means the report has to be edited every time it's run rather than being generated automatically on a schedule.

- columns should be easy to reorganise using drag-and-drop or similar.

- options to sort multiple columns alphabetically ascending and descending. For example, sort by Agent, then Company, then Contact, etc.

- dynamic column sizing. The 'Subject' field contents are always long, and the 'Ticket ID' is always short, so having non-static column widths obscures data and increases unnecessary white space.

Hello Reuben,

Thank you for your feedback! 

1. I agree that the use case you had mentioned regarding automatic scheduling of reports on tickets that are dated > 90 days is important and seems valid. Let me know if extending this limit upto 6 months will help resolve your use case.   

i.e. under Filter Conditions : 

Created Date - Time period - Last 6 months 

2. Column resizing and custom sort are part of our roadmap. I will keep you posted here on further updates regarding this enhancement. 

Deepikaa

Freshservice Product Management 

Hi Deepikaa,

A 6 month time period is a significant improvement. Looking forward to it being implemented. For future though, it would be good to be able to run a report for 'All jobs not Closed or Resolved' (regardless of dates).

Thanks,

Reuben

Any new progress on the sort option for reporting in the last YEAR?

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin