Start a new topic
Planned

Mobile Asset Management Improvements

When using the Andriod mobile app  to perform asset management it seems as though if you create a new asset using the Scan asset option this is auto-populating the asset tag field with the barcode scan which is fine.  That said, the Serial number for most hardware is also a scanable barcode and the mobile app does not include this field.  Without being able to enter the serial from a mobile device the process is a mess as would enter an asset using the mobile app, save the app on their phone, than edit the app using a computer to enter the serial when they could have just scanned it when scanning the asset code.  We would like to be able to scan the serial within the mobile app.

Also, when entering assets via Scan Asset or Add new asset from tho mobile app you do not have an option to select Vedor.  Since all of our assets have relationships to Products within the product catalog and we also use Vendors with Warranties any asset entered in using the mobile asset does not capture this information. Basically, its the same story, you enter them in with the mobile device than have to edit them all using the standard web and select Vendor so the Warranty information is set. 

7 people like this idea

Dear Brian,

We are working on the enhancement to make allow scanning the 'Serial' number individually. The update for the same would be available within the next 45days.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Vivek

Freshservice Mobile Product Manager

Hi there, glad to hear you are working on this and look forward to testing it once ready.

This doesn't seem to have been implemented yet, at least not on the iOS app.  Is there an updated ETA when this feature will be available?

It would be nice to have the option to scan bar codes into other fields such as Display Name.  We use custom asset tags on our machines and one of them includes that info.

It would also be nice if you could do more than simply add assets using the bar code scanner.  For instance, when scanning a bar code, it should run a search to see if it's an existing asset.  If it is, it would give you options such as assigning it to a user or updating the status of it.

1 person likes this

Dear Nathan,

You are right in your observation that this feature is made available only on android as of now. We have already begun work on adding this to the iOS app. We have a product release planned in mid April and this feature will be extended on the iOS app by then.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards

Vivek

Vivek, can you provide an update on this feature? Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

The ability to scan serial numbers separately is now available on iOS too. I would request you to update the current version on the app from the respective app stores.

Once updated, do open any asset details page on your mobile phone and you will see an icon next to the serial number field too. You can use that to scan the serial number and populate the code.

I have attached a screenshot of how this would look. If you have any more suggestions around this I would be happy to hear them out.

Thanks for using the Freshservice Mobile App.

Regards

Vivek

@Vivek We want to be able to scan a bar code and have it find the machine, by searching the serial number and machine name field (for machines with bar codes of their machine name).

Dear Cazi,

We are working on to make the 'Serial number' a searchable field while scanning. The work on the same has begun and I will post the release date soon.

Thanks for your patience and usage.

Regards

Vivek

Thanks for the update Vivek. One last request since you are the Mobile Product Manager, can you make it so we can swipe in from the left of the screen to bring the menu out? The behavior would be more like many of the popular apps today (Gmail, iOS Mail, etc.). Thanks.

Dear Cazi,

We are working on giving the app a visual overhaul and this will be done as requested for iOS. We have this behaviour already in place for Android as its a default behaviour in Android.

Regards

Vivek

Is there an update to having serial numbers be searchable? Especially by barcode?

I too am interested in this feature.  We are planning to audit in production devices and would like to be able to scan those on the floor just know be able to mark them as active in their description.

Hi Ben,

You can audit the assets using the 'Asset Tag'. I am assuming you will have asset tag added to all your assets and the current mobile app allows for searching any asset against the asset tag field.

We will have to build a feature with regards to be able to scan the serial number and then allow for showing either the asset details page or the New Asset form. This is a new feature that we will have to plan to take up.

In the interim why dont you try out the asset tag led way of working. DO let me know if you have any issues with that.

Regards

Vivek

Freshservice Mobile Team

Login or Signup to post a comment