Start a new topic

Auto Reply Email - Out Of Office - Update of Open Tickets - FreshService

We are currently evaluating FreshService.

Has anyone, out there, got ticket updates for Auto Reply emails working?

If I put an update on a ticket (as an agent), and the Requester is on annual leave and their Outlook sends an 'Auto Reply: I am Out of the Office' email.  I would like the Auto Reply email to update the relevant open ticket.

Our Agents can then see that the Requester has responded, check the update and put the ticket on hold until the relevant date that the user is back from their annual leave.

May I know the "From address" of the Out of office reply. 

I assume that the out of office reply doesnt append into the existing ticket,now. Please confirm.

Thank you Mike for the details. I will check the behavior and update you.

I assumed the reply would be In that case, the application will drop the reply email. 

Hello Mike,

Currently we're not processing the Out of Office emails within Freshservice. However, kindly me sometime on this, as I'm having this discussed with our Dev and Product Management team, to see if can bring this in.

I'll keep you posted on all updates.

Hello Mike,

Good day!

Thank you for helping me with the time I had requested.

After the discussion with my team internally, the confirmation I have from them is, strings like Out of Office or Vacation emails would be suppressed by the platform. Hence, we would not be appending them nor creating them as new tickets in Freshservice.

Hope this clarifies!

Login or Signup to post a comment