Start a new topic

FD vs FS

What are the differences between Freshdesk and  Freshservice? I am a MSP and Breakfix service IT company and was wondering which one would be better and what the difference are.?

I've used both as a knowledge base repository and as a ticketing system. They are very similar with the UI and customization. FS is meant for more than ticketing and KB articles though. It also lets you manage assets (e.g., new hire computers, purchase software), and much more.

The best way to learn the difference is to open a trial account and poke around the Admin menus. I'd recommend completing a requirements doc first and then check off the features each tool has.

One other clarification is that FD is meant more for customer service ticketing for external users, whereas FS is targeted toward an internal IT department managing your own organization and employee needs. FS is also uses the ITIL framework if that is important to you.

We were using FD for external customers but then decided to switch over to FS since that was already used by our internal IT team. We didn't want to manage two systems.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin