Start a new topic

Newbie pre-sales questions

Hi all

We're looking at either Freshdesk or Freshservice. Can someone answer a few questions for me?

1) Is there a migration path between the two? If we start on one and realise the other is better, can we move our implementation over?

2) Do all the Freshdesk plugs and integrations work with Freshservice? We're looking at Insightly for the CRM and Freshdesk has a plug for it. Would this work in Freshservice? There's a Xero app for Freshdesk, but I can't see the same for Freshservice.

3) Each Freshservice user comes with 100 free assets. Are these available across the business or assigned just to each user? If we have 10 users, do we get 1000 assets between the 10 users, or does each person only have access to 100 assets?

4) 20c an asset seems a bit steep when a client might have several hundred devices, various logon details, apache configurations, etc. Is it possible to buy assets in packs with a reduced per-asset cost?

Thanks

Olly

Hi Oliver

Hope you are doing great. 

Firstly let me differentiate both the products for you. Freshdesk is an external customer support tool however Freshservice is an ITSM service desk for your internal operations.

Now to answer your questions - 

1) Is there a migration path between the two? If we start on one and realise the other is better, can we move our implementation over? [Yes, we have an in-house migration utility that would essentially help you to migrate your data from either of the platform to the other]

2) Do all the Freshdesk plugs and integrations work with Freshservice? We're looking at Insightly for the CRM and Freshdesk has a plug for it. Would this work in Freshservice? There's a Xero app for Freshdesk, but I can't see the same for Freshservice. [As the major intent with both the platforms are different, the integrations are aligned towards the respective business intent of either providing support to external customers vs managing your day to day operations. However, saying that, there are a lot of integrations that are natively available in both the Freshdesk and Freshservice platforms which are common to both the platforms. Regarding CRM integration, Freshservice integrates with Salesforce and SugarCRM. Regarding the Xero integration, as you rightly noted, it is currently available in Freshdesk and not in Freshservice; however, we are bringing the Xero integration to Freshservice as well in the next few months]

3) Each Freshservice user comes with 100 free assets. Are these available across the business or assigned just to each user? If we have 10 users, do we get 1000 assets between the 10 users, or does each person only have access to 100 assets? [The 100 free assets are on an account level. So with any plan with Freshservice, you get 100 free assets in total which can be shared among your users/agents]

4) 20c an asset seems a bit steep when a client might have several hundred devices, various logon details, apache configurations, etc. Is it possible to buy assets in packs with a reduced per-asset cost? [We can definitely talk about the asset pricing over a quick call]

Hope I could answer all your queries here. What would be great is if you could send us a quick email at eval@freshservice.com (with the same subject) or give us a call at +1(866) 832 3090 (and ask for Sudipta), we can discuss more on your use case so that we can suggest how our platform could streamline your current processes. 

Have a great day ahead!

Hi Oliver, I believe you are already in touch my team - Kasi and Supraja on this. They would be helping you out on any questions that you have. 

Have a great day ahead!

You say here : Freshservice integrates with Salesforce and SugarCRM, 

But I don't see Salesforce on the Integrations page?

Hi Dave

The CRM integrations are available in Freshservice in the MSP (Managed service provider) mode. If you go to your accounts section under Admin, you can see a button on the right side of the page that converts your account to MSP mode. Post that, you can see both the above mentioned integrations on your instance. 

Please do let me know if this helps.

Can we get an update on this promise.

Regarding the Xero integration, as you rightly noted, it is currently available in Freshdesk and not in Freshservice; however, we are bringing the Xero integration to Freshservice as well in the next few months.

This was something that was also promised to me when I began my license, and I'm hoping to move to Xero starting in 2017.     If this integration is not coming, it could influence my decision to make that change or whether I stay with Freshservice.

FYI, if anyone else is interested I was informed today that Xero integration with Freshservice is probably more than 6 months out as the time of this post.  

1 person likes this

+1 On Xero integration. I have used Freshbooks with Freshservice. There was a native integration between Freshbooks and Xero: it is now dead.

The product that Freshbooks has opted to sync to Xero is garbage and does not work for businesses selling products and labor.

A native integration with Xero is much needed or I will be jumping ship (again) to a new Ticketing platform.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin