Start a new topic

Users add catalog items to Service Requests

We use a service catalog item to capture information required for processing New Hires through IT. 

Currently users can request a New Hire through the service catalog and fill in required information for the build (e.g., include Adobe Professional, Visio, etc) from items on the form. Our Agents then need to review the ticket and add the other catalog items (e.g., software requests) from the service catalog. 

We would like end users to have this functionality as well. When the user selects the New Hire item from the catalog, the user can then add requested catalog items to the initial service request. 

Hi Allison,

Thank you for your feedback! I understand that while raising a request for a service such as New Employee Hire, giving the requestor (end user) the ability to directly associate other catalog items like Adobe Photoshop, Visio etc. (that are most likely to be requested as part of the on-boarding process) to the initial request, is a significant value-add, as opposed to the agent having to review the ticket and do the same. We are currently working on revamping our service catalog, with which, this functionality can be achieved. I will keep you posted here on further updates regarding this enhancement.

Please let us know if there are any other specific requirements that you might have with our service catalog module. Looking forward to your inputs! :)

Deepikaa

Freshservice Product Management

Hi Allison

we added a capability to bundle a group of items under a service item, some months back. This is a detailed solution article: https://support.freshservice.com/support/solutions/articles/221715-service-requests-with-additional-items

I think this should work for you. 

cheers

joe

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin