Start a new topic

Dynamic Dropdown Lists

In service catalog form designer, the drop down custom field is great for simple selection. It would be handy to add another custom field that allows values in drop down list populated from customer database using some sort of API. This will avoid constant updating of values when the list changes in source database for e.g. location, rooms, etc.

14 people like this idea

Agree. For contracts it would be nice to add custom fields (e.g. dropdown box) whose values are linked to existing tables (i.e. CMDB values).

2 people like this

I'm surprised this three year old topic hasn't gathered more upvotes. I'm new to Freshservice and I find the inability to build a data driven process very frustrating. Adding dropdown lists to a form and having them populate based on database lookups is an essential feature. What's the point in having extensible asset classes and relationships if you can't use them to drive any form based process...

3 people like this

I agree with Charles here. This should be high priority. Also reports based on relationships

1 person likes this

i have to agree aswell, this is absolutley necessary to build dynamic service request forms without having to update all request forms when changes occur.

also i feel it is necessay to be able to add datefields or other field types when using dependant fields and beeing able to make all of these depending fields requires not only the first one.

br

Carsten

1 person likes this

Agreed. I should be able to create 1 drop down list on the back-end that I can use for each of my forms.

I can't even pull in a Department drop-down even though they've already been created.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin