Start a new topic

Microsoft Power BI intigration

a very useful way to allow users to meet their own reporting needs.

Zen Desk is doing this very successfully.

Curtis

48 people like this idea

We have recently developed a Power BI solution for FreshDesk that provides:

• Ready to use dashboards and reports for common scenarios
  • An easy to use Power BI data model so power users can create additional dashboards and reports 
  • Allows for scheduled data refresh via standard Power BI functionality

@Viminya Doss, can you please let me know the best way to contact you to discuss possibly working together to offer this to other FreshDesk customers?

We are a Microsoft Showcase Partner, Red Carpet Partner, and member of the Microsoft Research Panel for Advanced Analytics.

Thank you,

Lee Whitney

CTO Wicresoft North America

lwhitney@wicresoft.com

http://wsna.io

Hello,

We have recently developed a Power BI solution for FreshDesk that provides:

• Ready to use dashboards and reports for common scenarios 
  • An easy to use Power BI data model so power users can create additional dashboards and reports 
  • Allows for scheduled data refresh via standard Power BI functionality 

@Viminya Doss, can you please let me know the best way to contact you to discuss possibly working together to offer this to other FreshDesk customers?

We are a Microsoft Showcase Partner, Red Carpet Partner, and member of the Microsoft Research Panel for Advanced Analytics.

Thank you,

Lee Whitney

CTO Wicresoft North America

lwhitney@wicresoft.com

http://wsna.io

1 person likes this
@Lee. Wha? Where? Link? Release date? Price? *Throws money in Lee's general direction*

Hi Lee,

This is Rajiv - Product Manager - Marketplace. Can you please drop me a line at rajiv@freshdesk.com and we can take this forward?

Thanks,

Rajiv

1 person likes this

hi what is the latest on this? do we have live integration options for power bi?

I have tried to use the export of the existing data but it just wont work without really manipulating the data. 

Can't upvote this enough.  I'm VERY interested in this being an actual thing instead of "Develop a Web Service that pulls data from the API".  That's hard.  But a data service that just provides raw data (authenticated, even!) with my Azure AD (O365) credentials would pretty much make me a stay-at-FreshService customer.

Cheers,

Aaron

1 person likes this

Power BI integration is an absolute must for me.

Seems they're more interested in selling another companies product than bettering their own..  I don't even need a built in connector, I just need a scheduled export of ALL the data(I figured this was a basic part of any SaaS solution).

Why we need Power BI:
We're expected to use built in reporting but it's worthless.  For almost two years I waited for "custom reports" while being told it would be "released next month".  But custom reporting isn't custom if you don't let us report on certain column or data.  Would you like to report on average resolution time?  Sorry that isn't a field in the "custom reporting" drop down list...  How about Average FR time?  Nope.  Would you like to report on a time period greater than 90 days?  Not an option.  "Custom reporting" just gives us the ability to waste our own time making reports that already existed as built-in defaults...

1 person likes this

scheduled export and power bi connectors are somethings we will ship very soon.  I will also loop in a few development partners who can build custom power bi reports. Please reach out to rajiv@freshdesk.com if you need any support.

3 people like this
Do you have a timeline for that functionality?

1 person likes this

any update on this?

Hi, Any news on this at all please?

Any further forward with this ? We are finding the in built reports to be very limited in so far as giving us the information we really want to see.

@Rajiv - is this powerBI integration going to be going GA Soon?

@Rajiv, an update would be greatly appreciated. It seems odd that a company providing tools to help service providers respond to customer requests in a timely fashion would be so tardy in responding to their customers.

It's been three months since this became 'very soon' - that's an eternity of time for there to be no information at all. FreshService seems to take several months for every new feature or integration, while competitors like Zen Desk implement equivalent functionality on a regular basis. There's got to be a change or no matter how compelling the core product you'll start losing customers.

No man service desk product is an island.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin