Start a new topic

CMDB Feature Requests (Part 1)

1. Ability to attach files (e.g. PDF) to any CMDB record. The ability to store vendor contracts with the CMDB record would be a big improvement.

2. Ability to define size / dimensions of any added custom fields. Some times I just want one text box on a single line, but the formatting means that there are always two columns per CMDB record, sometimes cutting of text entered.

3. For expiration dates - the option to set multiple reminder notifications for 90, 60 and 30 and day of expiration. Right now, it seems I can only choose one specific reminder date.

4. The ability to manually 'type' dates in the date field. Currently I can only define the date by actually selecting it from the calendar picker. Also the ability to fast forward / rewind by year as well as month. Try setting an expiration date of 5 years from 'today' - it is time consuming.

5. Fields that are hyperlinks. Text boxes should be able to use/interpret hyperlinks.  e.g. If my vendor is 'fresh service', and I've made a custom text field called vendor website the link (https://freshservice.com) should be active and open in a new Window.

6. Minor typo fixes. On Hardware assets (and possibly other areas) - the Cost field needs a space, as does the "Disk Space(in GB)", "CPU Speed(in GHZ)", "Memory(in GB)"

Current wording: Cost(in $):

Proposed wording: Cost ($):

The CMDB component of Fresh Service could be a really great tool, but for now it is really lacking some basic (above) features.

3 people like this idea

Hi Richard,

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

1. You can right now attach files to a CMDB record. It is there when you scroll down in the Add new CI window.

2. There are both types of text boxes available - single line and multi-line. Did you try this out?

3, 4 and 5. All these have been taken into consideration and have been added to the roadmap.

6. Will get these corrected.

Thanks once again for the feedback. :)

Any update on this request?:

4. The ability to manually 'type' dates in the date field.

This would be the biggest pain point with entering/maintaining CIs.

Update on ?

5. Fields that are hyperlinks. Text boxes should be able to use/interpret hyperlinks.  e.g. If my vendor is 'fresh service', and I've made a custom text field called vendor website the link (https://freshservice.com) should be active and open in a new Window.

Login or Signup to post a comment