About the integration:
Streamline your service delivery and ensure high uptimes for your applications by ingesting Coralogix alerts in Freshservice. The Alert Management System has native aggregation capabilities that reduce alert noise, plus customizable rules for elevating alerts into incidents.
Configuration in Freshservice:
Head to the Admin panel, scroll to IT Operations Management, and select Monitoring Tools.
You are now on the Monitoring Tools list page. Select Add monitoring tool to add a new integration.
You will see a list of pre-configured integrations, the gateway to custom integration using webhooks, and the option to use email as a channel for alerts. Select Coralogix.
A URL and auth-Key will be generated. You will require this to set up the integration in Splunk.
Configuration in Coralogix:
- Log into your Coralogix account.
- Choose the dataflow option from the navigation bar and click on Webhook.
- Click on Add new> Webhook.
- Configure the following details:
- Provide a name to the integration
- Paste the URL generated in Step 4 of Freshservice configuration in the URL field
- Set method as Post
- Click on Save. (Pro tip: Click on Test config to check if the integration is working. If it's successful you will see a test alert in Freshservice)
- Go to Alerts using the navigation bar on the top.
- Click on New Alert.
- Provide an appropriate name and description to the alert. Set the alert severity
- Select the alert type.
- Add a query to target certain logs. Also, define the conditions when the alert should fire. Make sure that you enable "Notify when Resolved".
- Under the webhook recipient section, select the webhook created in Step 4 of corralogix setup.
- Click on create alert.
Now you should be able to receive an alert in Freshservice every time the alert condition is satisfied in Coralogix.